Many construction injuries and deaths result from unsafe work, lack of personal protective equipment, and other violations of the safety standards to protect construction workers.
According to OSHA, the following 10 violations are the most common on a construction site:
- Insufficient fall protection;
- Inadequate communication of potential hazards to workers;
- Scaffolding that does not meet safety requirements;
- Lack of respiratory protection;
- Poor control of hazardous energy sources (lockout/labeling);
- Unsafe stairs;
- Unsafe Operation of Mechanical Industrial Trucks;
- Poor training of workers in fall protection requirements;
- Inadequate security guards on cars;
- Lack of adequate eye and face protection.
If one of the above violations is the cause of your construction accident, you should contact a construction accident lawyer.